EDLD 5352 Instructional Leadership: The Technology Link
Denise Chuick
Lamar University
Masters of Education – Educational Leadership
EA 1198
My initial visual identification was of the thoroughness of the research-backed data. I found the update report to be comprehensive and informative, to the point that I now can identify twelve new sources of technology funding that are available for Texas public school districts. The report has led me to a more in-depth understanding of the many facets to technology education, from earliest years to professional development.
As I skimmed each section of the report for the broad points, questions formed spontaneously. I wondered how the information for the grants and funding were disseminated. How many grants are currently being administered and the data has not yet been presented? What trends will that data show in the next update report? How many teachers are fully aware of the different certifications and programs leading to designations?
This update report has incited a new desire in me to further develop my own technology skills for use within the performance of my current job. As a current mid-level administrator, I find that my use of technology is growing to meet the demands of the campus administrators. They are becoming more versed in the use of the communication technology and wish to be models for their staff. The LRPT update report is now a resource for me to use to understand from where these new skills are originating.
The increased knowledge and skill of our campus administrators is leading to requests of me to utilize webinars, web conferences and shared storage drives to disseminate information, rather than the traditional face-to-face meetings and email distribution.
I am being constantly challenged to stay ahead of the rest of our district leaders and, dare I say, surpass their knowledge.
No comments:
Post a Comment